Due to the decrease in community transmission of COVID-19, as from Wednesday 7th October it will no longer be necessary for all maternity patients and their partners/support people to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission to Frances Perry House.
This means that:
for antenatal patients:
- there will be NO REQUIREMENT to have a COVID-19 swab test at 38 and 40 weeks’ gestation
- there will be NO REQUIREMENT for partners/support people attending a birth to have a COVID-19 swab test.
for elective Caesarean Section patients:
- there will be NO REQUIREMENT for patients booked to have an epidural to have a COVID-19 swab test
- there will be NO REQUIREMENT for partners attending a birth to have COVID-19 swab test
- PLEASE NOTE: patients booked for a general anaesthetic still require a COVID-19 swab test.
for gynaecological patients:
- PLEASE NOTE: patients require a COVID-19 swab test prior to an operation
All patients and partners/support people will be screened using a COVID-19 questionnaire on the Lower Ground Floor of The Royal Women’s Hospital prior to entry to the hospital.
Any patient who has symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 is required to have a swab test immediately and then self-isolate.
WOGS and Frances Perry House share a commitment to doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of our patients and staff during the pandemic. We are very grateful for your cooperation and will continue to offer you the highest possible standard of care.