Frances Perry House has updated its guidelines for antenatal COVID screening.
- Double-vaccinated patients do not require COVID testing before delivery or induction.
- Unvaccinated patients will need to have a COVID test at 37 weeks, then weekly till delivery or induction.
Elective Caesarean Patients
- All elective caesarean section patients require COVID testing 72 hours prior to admission. Patients will need to isolate for the time between the COVID test and admission.
Birth Support People/Partners
- Double-vaccinated birth support people/partners do not require COVID testing.
- Unvaccinated birth support people/partners will need to have a COVID test at 37 weeks and then weekly till delivery or induction. Unvaccinated birth support people are permitted to attend the birth and stay with the patient or visit daily.
For more information, you can visit the Women’s website: COVID-19 Information Hub | The Royal Women’s Hospital (thewomens.org.au) Thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience. We will continue to keep you updated.